[Asterisk-Users] IAXTel problems

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Feb 22 17:14:58 MST 2005

Marco Supino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to add the IAXTel config to my asterisk, so i can dial free
> numbers inside the US from my SIP softphone (X-lite), everything seems
> to be working, but the sound quality is terrible, the other side sounds
> like a "digitized" voice, and the voice is cut, i cant hear a full word,

You could always just use e164 for toll free numbers, we have sip urls
for about 11 countries and international toll free in our zone, and I've
never had an issue with call quality to the US toll free numbers...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."