[Asterisk-Users] IAXTel problems

Marco Supino marco at sd.com
Tue Feb 22 13:19:00 MST 2005

Hi,

I tried to add the IAXTel config to my asterisk, so i can dial free
numbers inside the US from my SIP softphone (X-lite), everything seems
to be working, but the sound quality is terrible, the other side sounds
like a "digitized" voice, and the voice is cut, i cant hear a full word,

I tried using FWD IAX interface, and no problem there, it works great.

Now, although this is in a testing phase, i wanted to know if i am
missing something, or IAXTel is just problematic .

I am "dialing" from Israel, over a E1 line, dont know exactly how much
of my E1 reaches the US, but should be sufficent for one session (for
which FWD works fine with)

Any help appriciated.

Marco.