[Asterisk-Users] Astersik CVS HEAD + T1 e&m wink + IAX client doesnt detect call answered on Zap channel

al3x * al3xxx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:19:39 MST 2005

Hello,

I've got very annoying behaviour from our asterisk PBX.
We have 12 channels T1 e&m wink start for TDM and using iax softphones
internally (iaxcomm, but tried firefly-thirdparty and discarded for
bad sound quality).
Slackware 9.1 w/ kernel 2.4.26+ digium TE110P card.

In some cases when call is placed from softphone to TDM, system does
not detect call answered on Zap channel and I'm getting "ring" sound
along with the normal sound from answered call. For some numbers it
reproduces in 100% cases and for some the answered call detection is
delayed - I'm getting asterisk "ringing" sound then double - asterisk
+ PSTN "ringing" sound then when call is answered - 2 or 3 asterisk
'ringing" sounds.
I was thinking that this could be low level on  on Zap channels but
changing rxgain in zapata.conf doesn't change anything,s oas disableng
ignorepat =>9.

The only workaround I could employ now is to place Answer(150) before
dialing out on trunk group (Zap/g1) but that eliminates Rinign sound
completely which is also inconvenient - the calling party doesn't know
if call is placed or not.
my /etc/zaptel.conf

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-12
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

my /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]
spanmap => 1,1,1
[channels]
language=en
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=em_w
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
restrictcid=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=yes
echotraining=600
rxgain=10.0
txgain=6.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
amaflags=default
accountcode=t1external
busydetect=yes
busycount=3
musiconhold=default
jitterbuffers=4
channel => 1-12

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf (with workaround)

exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Answer(150)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Congestion

Is there any mistakes in configuration or proper solutions to this problem?

thank you.