[Asterisk-Users] Noob question on connection

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Feb 22 08:57:50 MST 2005

Andy,

There's no such thing as a noob question. Everyone has to start somewhere.

FXS can only handle one call at once. You can get a second FXS phone,
use a protocol like BRI that can handle more than one call at once, or
use call waiting.

Two Asterisk servers can be connected over ethernet using a VoIP
protocol such as SIP or IAX, or using Asterisk's special TDMoE system.
Both of these options can handle many calls at once.

If you'd like commercial assistance planning and installing such a
system, please let me know. My company, Integrics Ltd, works extensively
with Asterisk.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/