[Asterisk-Users] Illegal instruction on startup

Tommy Vielkanowitz tvielkanowitz at shared-resources.net
Tue Feb 22 07:07:29 MST 2005

> Strike 1, you sent HTML email.
>
> Strike 2, you obviously didn't google.
>
> strike 3, well not yet......
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Illegal+instruction+site%3Alist
> s.digium.com
> --
> Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

1) Muah, due to a recent (yesterday) forced upgrade to Outlook 2003, it
reset my mail settings to html from plain text, doh.

2) I did Google, but I guess the search terms I used were less than optimal

Thanks to the handily provided Google link you sent I found that the
Makefile was using uname -m to determine the processor type, and it was
reported as i686.  Since this is a Cyrix machine, something in the
instruction set must not be 100% compatible (go figure).  Anyway, I set the
processor type to i586 and happy day, I have a CLI prompt.

Thank you Steven.

-- Tommy Vielkanowitz
   Shared Resources of NC, LLC