[Asterisk-Users] Minimal hardware requirements

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Mon Feb 21 17:51:08 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:41, John Novack ( Mozilla - portable ) wrote:
> Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:
>
> >Hi, all
> >
> >I am doing "prrof of concept" system. I will have two IP phones connected to Asterisk box. Box itself will have 1 PSTN conenction and one analog phone conenction. A basic minimal configuration.
> >
> >At the moment I am planning to use an old PII-350 with 128M of RAM I have lying around. I can not test anything yet, as I am waiting for phones to arrive, so question is will that be enough to demonstrate?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Rudolf
> >

> Depends.
>
> If you plan on using the TDM400 with one each FXS and FXO, the MB needs
> to have PCI Ver 2.2 slots, or the card won't be seen
>
> Any MB made after 2000 probably is OK

Well, I have a PII 300 of about 2000 vintage and that didn't work with
the TDM400P card.  The PCI 2.2 spec was announced in Jan 2000 so it
would take a while for it to filter thru to actual mobos.

> John Novack

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."