[Asterisk-Users] Suggestion for noise reduction on Asterisk-U sers

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Feb 21 16:02:59 MST 2005

>	This wiki should cover most of the basic stuff that gets asked over
and
>over again just to help reduce the amount of repetition that most of you
>have probably noticed takes place here.

Problem is, Wikis in general suck and voip-info.org in particular is quite
useless except as a random clicky-clicky exercise. You ever use the search
on voip-info.org? It's almost like someone goofed setting it up and the
search results are ordered least relevant first.

News flash: The reason the newbie questions appear on the list in the first
place is because it's too hard to find
it on the web. Of course, Google is far better, and Mr. Critchfield takes
great pains to tell us so (and he's right) so there is the argument that if
you can't use Google properly you are wholly unqualified to run Asterisk.
Unfortunately, that type of elitism is exactly what marginalizes open source
/ Linux / RMS type of endeavors.

Noob questions may seem like the death by a thousand cuts, but the
alternative is that there *are* no noobs and that means eventually that
"Netcraft Confirms Asterisk is Dying*" jokes will start flying.

*yeah, yeah, I know. I was trying to make a point.