[Asterisk-Users] A bit of a survey: What do do if you need more than 4 C.O. lines

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Mon Feb 21 06:47:39 MST 2005

I corresponded with Voicetronix around Christmas last year. Jim, there
is a dealer in Ottawa although I got better answers from emails to Aus.

There are two things that they don't do that the Zap cards do:
Distinctive Ring Detection and fax detection.

They went out of their way to say they were "customer driven" and
features get in because customers ask. The gentleman made a claim of
effort to get fax detection to work which sounded like it was a
no-brainer in their code. If it is easy as claimed, I would expect to
see it appear just because I enquired.

I am particularly interested in the Dist Ring Detection however for they
make cheap DID's for low volume like home offices, dedicated voicemail
numbers, etc.

David Cook