[Asterisk-Users] A bit of a survey: What do do ifyouneedmorethan4 C.O. lines

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Feb 20 09:54:25 MST 2005

On February 20, 2005 11:34 am, Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
> Is there a place to buy brand new Adit600's with 5+ FXOs and a T1 card
> for $800? (I've looked on eBay, but that's not a reliable supply chain,
> and I have yet to see such a price for new equipment). Seems to me one
> is looking at more like $2000.

Why on earth would you buy a new one?  Warranty?  Screw that, buy two and have
a spare ON HAND -- much better than relying on a courier to get a replacement
to you overnight and your customer having the down time.

Pricey for a one-off, sure, but if you've got two or three systems deployed
that on-the-shelf spare is unbelievably cheap, especially since it's modular.

This is something I recommend for anything as critical as a phone system.  I'd
suggest having a spare TDM400P with some modules onhand at all times, too.

Ebay's as reliable as anything else for this stuff, in my experience.  Unless
you're going and installing one of these things a week or something, in which
case I'm sure your price from CAC is going to be much better than $2k.  I was
negotiated a bulk buy of 24 (yes 24) entire Access Bank Is from an ebay
vendor -- It feel through because I decided at the last moment that I really
didn't need that many onhand and couldn't justify tying the money up in it.

-A.