[Asterisk-Users] A bit of a survey: What do do ifyouneedmorethan4 C.O. lines

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Sun Feb 20 09:34:06 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On February 20, 2005 09:25 am, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
>> Sorry, I understood the O.P. already had the hardware bought and
>> installed and simply wanted to throw on an extra line.
>
> You understood correctly;

Uh, nope. I've been unclear. It was a purely hypothetical situation. It
could be a case of expansion, or a new system requiring more circuits
than a single card supports.

I think there's a gap. A channel bank tied into a T1 is kinda kludgy for
such a small system. Technically sound, but kludgy. Any other system of
that size wouldn't need all the integration gear. You'd just plug the
lines in.

I know, I know; this is Asterisk, and that means one has to be creative.

Perhaps I already knew the answer before I asked the question . . .
still, one can hope.

> But again even a TDM401P is $133 on
> Digium's site. Considering you could probably get 60% of the price of
> your original TDM404P ($200 is 60% of $337), then you're either
> spending $133 for another TDM401P (and all the hassle of trying to
> get two to work in a system) or $600 (my $800 estimate - the $200 you
> got for your old equipmen)... $600 != 8x $133, and $800 != 8x $537.

Is there a place to buy brand new Adit600's with 5+ FXOs and a T1 card
for $800? (I've looked on eBay, but that's not a reliable supply chain,
and I have yet to see such a price for new equipment). Seems to me one
is looking at more like $2000.

> Anyway I think he's got his recommendations :-)

Sure do! Thanks.