[Asterisk-Users] Simulated dialtone like in other PBX

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Feb 20 03:37:51 MST 2005

Anton Krall wrote:
> I think it would be your last suggestion.. When I pickup the phone I hear a
> tone, the sip phone box tone... Then I hit 9, no tones :) and enter the
> whole phone number and it starts to ring on the other side.. So no outside
> dialtone get heard ever.. I was wondering if it could be possible to make it
> so that after hitting 9.. The tone would change to something else letting
> the user know that they are dialing on an outside line.

For SIP, you have to understand that in most situations, Asterisk will
not get a dialstring until the phone decides that you are done dialling.
So if you want a new dialtone after the 9, you got to configure the
phone that way - if possible.

Or dial 9, direct 9 to the disa() app in your dial plan and provide a
new dialtone from the PBX...

For local ZAP channels, the story is different, because there Asterisk
will provide the dialtone.

/O