[Asterisk-Users] Simulated dialtone like in other PBX

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Feb 20 02:43:14 MST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Anton Krall wrote:

> Im new to asterisk but is it possible to simulate a dialtone for example, in
> other PBX when you pick up the phone you can hear a certain dialup, which is
> the PBX dialtone, and when you hit 9, you can hear the PSTN dialtone, is
> this possible?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Do you want to be able to hit 9 and get a an outside line with dialtone?
Just add an extension to do that. For isdn you need to enable overlap
dialing.

Or do you want Asterisk to provide a dialtone after the user have hit 9 as
the first digit of a number? User the ignorepat option in the dialplan.

Or do you want Asterisk to provide a _different_ dialtone after the user
have hit 9 as the first digit of a number? This may be possible, but I
think some hack may be needed.

Peter