[Asterisk-Users] External relay triggered by Asterisk extension -question

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Sun Feb 20 01:24:29 MST 2005

Done something similar in a different application, but * should handle
it --

In my case, I took a crystalfontz LCD, type 633, and used two of the
four fan-outputs to drive two 12V relays.  As a nice extra, you get
temperature capabilities thrown in, so you can monitor your set-up.  The
LCD runs on serial, of course.

As an alternative, you can use any of the many available relay boards --
$50 gets you this:
http://www.phanderson.com/iom141.html