[Asterisk-Users] Can't Dial-out

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 16:35:42 MST 2005

I installed X100P from DigitNetworks. The system found
the Wildcard X101P and i was able to modprobe zaptel
and wcfxo and ztcfg. then, after i compile asterisk, i
am able to make third party voip calls dialing from
the asterisk cl and using a regular headset. but when
i try to dial out from zap channel, i don't have a
dial tone and i hear the same  click when i make voip
calls. when i dial a local number, it reports back the
following message and hangs there:

 CLI> dial 01450446 at incoming
    -- Executing Dial("OSS/dsp", "Zap/1/01450446") in
new stack
    -- Called 1/01450446
    -- Zap/1-1 answered OSS/dsp
 << Console call has been answered >>

i can even dial the number the X100p connected to and
i get the same response. i don't know what loadzone i
should use here, lebanon, in my zaptel file so i used
us and fxsks signalling. my understanding is that this
should make no difference according to someone who
tried different zones from the same place without a
prooblem.

i inserted those lines to my zapata.conf file

signalling=fxs_ks; X100P
context=incoming
channel =>1

and to my extensions.conf file

[incoming]
exten => _x.,1,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN}

this is supposed to be a simple configuration, but i
realy can use some help as my limited knowledge in *
and linux making it hard for me. thanks in advance