[Asterisk-Users] Terminating IAX calls in E1 PRI interface - what do I need to be able to send arbitrary caller id to called party ?

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sat Feb 19 14:28:43 MST 2005

Rob,

 From a technical point of view, this is no problem. Asterisk can set
any callerid you like, and the PRI can transport it.

The issue is with the provider of the PRI. They may or may not accept
arbitrary callerids on outbound calls. For example, in the UK many
providers will only accept callerids that are assigned to the trunk on
their end. You should check with your provider.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/