[Asterisk-Users] MSG WAITING OFF on cordless handset not going away

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Fri Feb 18 14:31:28 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 12:32 -0800, Trevor Peirce wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
>
> >I'm testing new cordless Motorola phone and the handset is constantly
> >displaying message: MSG WAITING OFF
> >According to the manual this message suppose to go off but it doesn't
> >
> >Is it something that I can control via * ?
> >

> It's probably made by the same Chinese company that made the cheap GE
> and Sanyo cordless phones I am using.  Whenver your Sipura (I assume)
> sends the refresh message to turn VMWI off, the phone will display this
> message for 60 seconds.
>
> Change your refresh to something like 3600 (1 hour) to be reduce the
> frequency of refresh messages.

Thanks Trevor, you are right on all counts.
The phone is made in China :-) and increasing the refresh rate in Sipura
solves the problem but If I have a message the "Message Waiting"
disappears after 60sec as well.

The * emits single ring when there is a message (I think every 30min I
think); do you know which file control the minutes interval the phone
rings when there is a message?

--
#Joseph