[Asterisk-Users] MSG WAITING OFF on cordless handset not going away

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Fri Feb 18 13:32:51 MST 2005

Joseph wrote:

>I'm testing new cordless Motorola phone and the handset is constantly
>displaying message: MSG WAITING OFF
>According to the manual this message suppose to go off but it doesn't
>
>Is it something that I can control via * ?

It's probably made by the same Chinese company that made the cheap GE
and Sanyo cordless phones I am using.  Whenver your Sipura (I assume)
sends the refresh message to turn VMWI off, the phone will display this
message for 60 seconds.

Change your refresh to something like 3600 (1 hour) to be reduce the
frequency of refresh messages.