[Asterisk-Users] Sending DTMF after a call is set up

Bill Hamlin whamlin at onnet1.com
Fri Feb 18 14:06:54 MST 2005

I'm using Dial to place a call to a PBX.  But then I want to wait a few
seconds and dial an extension.  Dial doesn't return until the call is
disconnected though.

I also want the caller to not hear any audio until the DTMF has been sent.
This gets the caller to the right place and he doesnt have to hear the
welcome message from the PBX.

Dial apparently isnt the application to use.  Is there something else or do
I have to write my own?  If the latter, can someone tell me what principal
routines to call in this application?

Thanks,
Bill