[Asterisk-Users] functional difference: canreinvite=yes, no, or update

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 18 00:11:14 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I have a patch in my local system that allows the canreinvite setting
> (which I renamed) to actually be based on IP address masking, so that
> Asterisk can make a more intelligent decision, but even that has
> problems, because we don't actually _know_ that any given IP route is
> available.

Actually, we could solve Matthew's problem by checking the IP addresses
against the localnet setting and checking if both phones are on the same
side. If both are within the localnet, we can reinvite. If both are on
public side, we can reinvite. But if one is localnet and one is public,
we could automagitically disable reinvite.

This should really be the default behaviour if canreinvite=yes and
localnet is set to something.

Hmmm. Time to code.

/O