[Asterisk-Users] functional difference: canreinvite=yes, no, or update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Feb 17 20:34:16 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:
> Would there be a way to patch "canreinvite" so that if it detects that your
> phone is on RFCXXXX address space (I forget the actual RFC number, but it
> defines the 10.*, 192.168.* and 2 others i believe) then it will not send
> the reinvite; unless the other end is also in same address space?
>
> And when I say "would there be a way", I actually mean "would this be
> something worthwhile to add"?

I started with this, but since it's a partial solution I didn't feel
that it really made sense to continue down that road. Also, it doesn't
work for when two SIP peers are on different RFC1918 networks and cannot
talk to each other (since Asterisk would think it was safe to reinvite).

I will try to put together something for CVS to allow reinvite control
using address masks (the same idea as permit/deny), so watch for it in
Mantis.