[Asterisk-Users] Sipura g729 call quality to PSTN

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 17 14:36:34 MST 2005

> Actually - jitter does not seem to be the issue (sound is not garbled
> and does not drop out, it was just very low and "fuzzy"/"staticy" when
> not set to 10 ms).
>
> It is weird that I have to drop to 10ms, but I have tested some more
> and the general consenses from the people I have called said it sounds
> fine now with 10ms setting.
>
> Thanks for your help though.
>
> Here is the result set from the ethereal trace using 10ms (RTP stream
> sent from Sipura to asterisk):
>
> RTP      Payload type=ITU-T G.729, SSRC=1783584165, Seq=7784, Time=156604121
> RTP      Payload type=ITU-T G.729, SSRC=1783584165, Seq=7784, Time=156604201
>
> As you can see there is now a difference of 80 between the Time stamps
>  (now to sound dumb, but it would be 80 what?)

That does not sound right at all. The difference between the two Time=
values should have been 10 (milliseconds).

Did you reboot the Sipura after making the change? There are some values
in the Sipura that don't take effect until after the next reboot; I don't
have a clue whether this happens to be one of them.