[Asterisk-Users] Digium TDM 400P and Dell 1750

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 11:30:35 MST 2005

Yes, in most cases this would work.  Unfortunately, this won't work as there
are no 4 pin outputs from the Dell power supply to attach the splitter.
Dell rack mount servers don't use 4pin power at all.    The hard disks are
hot swap scsi so they don't use 4 pin power.   Also the power supplies are
hot swap so the connection from the power supply to the motherboard is
hardwired.   I see that the 1750 is mentioned on the Wiki but haven't seen
if there is some way that I am missing to get this to work with digium
cards.

Just curious as Dell rack mount servers are fairly commonplace and would be
surprised if I am the first one to hit this problem.

I called Dell and they said that there is no way to obtain 4 pin power from
their servers.   I am hoping that someone came up with a way to build a
custom wiring harness that would allow for this.

Have you no way to use one of those power "splitters"?
One female to two male cables that can be found almost everywhere.