[Asterisk-Users] Re: Cisco 7970 Won't boot after factory reset

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Thu Feb 17 10:05:25 MST 2005

Hi Keith,

I have a TFTP server set up with the proper files on it, but after a
factory reset, how does the phone know where to find the TFTP server..?
I cannot get into it to set the TFTP server IP address.

Thanks

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:02:22 -0500
"Keith O'Brien" <keitheobrien at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is trying to download its firmware.  You need to setup a TFTP Server.
>
> Also be aware that the 7970 only supports SCCP not SIP.   Further, the *
> implementation of SCCP doesn't support the latest version of SCCP which is
> required for the 7970.  I don't see how it would work at all with *.
>

> >>Hi Everyone -
>
> >>I just got my hands on a Cisco 7970 and was told that I should do a
> >>factory reset before trying to configure it to work with Asterisk.
>
> >>After the factory reset, it will not boot at all, instead sits with the
> >>line button lights flashing one at a time in sequence.
>
> >>I have had no luck trying to figure it out - anyone run into the same
> >>problem that can lend a hand..?

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."