[Asterisk-Users] [patch] fix libpri problem in Q931_INFORMATION handling

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Feb 17 09:36:56 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Deti Fliegl wrote:

> < Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=8
> < Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 7/0x7) (Originator)
> < Message type: INFORMATION (123)
> < [2c 01 31]
> < Keypad Facility (len= 3) [ 1 ]
> Feb 16 11:42:25 VERBOSE[2975]:
> < [ 02 01 e8 fc 08 02 00 07 7b 2c 01 31 ]
>
> see trace above. It's definitely a "Keypad IE"  and its sent not as
> called party digits but instead of DTMF tones. This is imho the only way
> to make a Siemens HiCom PBX work with Asterisk Voicemail or IVR menus. I
> guess there are a couple of ISDN devices out there that act the same.

I think we agree that keypad elements may/should be passed as digits.
Since this may or may not be desireable always and is a change from
earlier behaviour then perhaps it should be an option?

I *think* it would be ok to always pass keypad elements - it is the
responsibility of an isdn device not to send both keypad and inband tones.
I think it is best to only allow keypad elements always and leave called
party elements disabled except during call setup.

Peter