[Asterisk-Users] [patch] fix libpri problem in Q931_INFORMATION handling

Deti Fliegl deti at fliegl.de
Thu Feb 17 08:53:49 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:
> Ok, then INFORMATION with keypad IE needs to be handled differently from
> IE called number.

This is what it looks like with pri intense debug enabled:

< Informational frame:
< SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
<  TEI: 000        EA: 1
< N(S): 116   0: 0
< N(R): 126   P: 0
< 8 bytes of data
-- ACKing all packets from 125 to (but not including) 126
-- Since there was nothing left, stopping T200 counter
-- Stopping T203 counter since we got an ACK
-- Nothing left, starting T203 counter
< Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=8
< Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 7/0x7) (Originator)
< Message type: INFORMATION (123)
< [2c 01 31]
< Keypad Facility (len= 3) [ 1 ]
Feb 16 11:42:25 VERBOSE[2975]:
< [ 02 01 e8 fc 08 02 00 07 7b 2c 01 31 ]

> I read the ets 300 403 01 spec as well as a more reacent revision of the
> Q.931 spec. Q.931 allows the keypad IE to signal called party number
> (during call setup) or to convey supplementary service information (pushed
> digits similar to dtmf). Q.931 allows the called party number IE to signal
> called party digits during call setup.
>
> The EuroISDN spec. in ets 300 403 01 is stricter - the keypad IE can not
> be used for overlap digits, only after the call setup.
>
> Are the digits you send encoded as Keypad IE? In that case a setting to
> allow keypad IE digits to always be accepted as dtmf digits may be
> the best solution.
see trace above. It's definitely a "Keypad IE"  and its sent not as
called party digits but instead of DTMF tones. This is imho the only way
to make a Siemens HiCom PBX work with Asterisk Voicemail or IVR menus. I
guess there are a couple of ISDN devices out there that act the same.

Deti