[Asterisk-Users] asterisk functions without voIP

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Thu Feb 17 07:59:01 MST 2005

Pablo,

Brazil uses normal PRI (primary rate ISDN) over E1, so the Digium TE
cards will definitely work. As always with PRI, you will need to get the
correct settings for framing, line coding, and so on.

I would imagine that BRI (basic rate ISDN) would also be normal in
Brazil, but have not tested myself.

Both of these can handle callerid if your provider gives you the
information.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/