[Asterisk-Users] problem : undefined symbol.

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Feb 17 07:14:24 MST 2005

Kim Daeyong wrote:
> I downloaded asterisk to use cvs to checkout the release version.
> After installing, I would like to load module chan_h323.so but there is some
> error :
>
> *CLI> load chan_h323.so
> Feb 17 15:22:38 WARNING[2865]: loader.c:258 ast_load_resource:
> /usr/lib/asterisk/m
> odules/chan_h323.so: undefined symbol: __use_ast_pthread_create_instead__
> Unable to load module chan_h323.so
> *CLI>
>

> How can I solve that problem?

Exactly which version did you download? (What did you type into your CVS
statement?)

If asterisk compiled and is runnable other than this error, just log in
with asterisk -r and give us the "Connected to..." line.

Using make, there is an option to do a "make update", which should
download any changes that were tagged to the version of CVS you
downloaded. If the problem has been fixed since you downloaded
originally, issuing a make update should help. I don't think update
recompiles anything, so you will probably have to make install again. I
am also not sure if you need to a make clean or anything like that.

If that doesn't fix your problem, look in mantis on bugs.digium.com and
see if anyone else has reported it.

For other readers: I've not had an error like this, so I'm not sure
exactly what the protocol is. Should the original poster post next to
asterisk-dev, or to mantis?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/