[Asterisk-Users] Sip Notify PAP2-NA?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 17 01:44:49 MST 2005

Chris St Denis wrote:
> I am using mysql sipfriends and can't seem to get the MWI to work. From what
> I've read it seems this is not supported with that dynamic system, and
> probably never will be.
In the 1.0 stable release, you can not send MWI for database peers.

In CVS head, the base for the future 1.2 stable, there are three ways to
load a peer
* Static from configuration (conf file and database)
* Realtime from database (like MYSQLFRIENDS in 1.0 stable)
* Static load at runtime from realtime database

- The static peers are loaded at startup and suppot MWI & NAT keepalives.
- The realtime method still can't support MWI and NAT keepalives.
- The new hybrid method, that loads from realtime database when needed
and keeps the peer in memory, supports MWI and NAT keepalives.

> Also, the PAP2-NA has the ability to reboot via a sip notify and I would
> like to be able to do that.
There is support for rebooting via custom SIP notify messages
in CVS head.

It is time to check the CVS head (v1.1dev) version of Asterisk now, we
are heading towards code freeze and production of a new stable release.
We do need help testing all new features, finding bugs, reporting them,
fixing them. The new realtime architecture is a major improvement and a
good platform for a lot of new future technology in Asterisk. We need it
tested and proven before we release version 1.2. Thank you for your
support in creating a new version of Asterisk -the Open Source PBX!

Regards,
/Olle