[Asterisk-Users] festival text for weather report

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Wed Feb 16 21:43:01 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 15:24, dean collins wrote:
> http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/productviewnation.php?pil=OKXZFPOKX&version=0
>

> can anyone suggest how I could set up asterisk at home to read out
> allowed the following text when I dial extension 850?
>

> 815 PM EST WED FEB 16 2005
>
> .OVERNIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 30 TO 35. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20
> MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH...DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 MPH LATE.
> .THURSDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. COOLER WITH HIGHS AROUND 40. NORTHWEST
> WINDS AROUND 15 MPH.
> .THURSDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS
> AROUND 15 MPH.
> .FRIDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY AND BRISK. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. NORTHWEST
> WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH.
> .FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY AND BRISK. LOWS AROUND 17. NORTHWEST
> WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH.

Basically you are going to have to parse this text with something (Perl
springs to mind) so that you can break it into separate files in order
to move back & firth in it.

Then you are going to need to adjust it so that "MPH" reads "miles per
hour" etc.

Goodluck. :)

> There’s $20 via paypal to the first person to help me complete this
> (I’ll then post it on the the wiki so anyone can replicate it)
>
> (anyone wanting to add to that bounty email me)
>

> Also if it is not too difficult I’d like it to skip to the next block
> each time you press ‘1’ (eg go from overnight to Thursday)
>

> Also it doesn’t need to be this particular web page that it connects
> to but something with current weather etc.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dean

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."