[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel DACS and FDL

Jerry jjones at quiddesign.com
Wed Feb 16 16:06:34 MST 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Eric Wieling wrote:

> I have the following configuration:
>
> CLEC -> T-1 -> Asterisk -> Adtran Channel Bank -> (analog) -> Nortel
>
> Don't complain that it's ugly.  I've already done plenty of that.
>
> The CLEC manages their Adtran remotely and needs to be able to
> continue to do so.  I assume they use FDL to do the management.  We
> are using the Zaptel DACS/DACSRBS to cross connect some of the
> channels directly between the CLEC and the Adtran.  These are channels
> we don't really care about (data, other voice, etc).  We are not cross
> connecting all the channels, just some of them.
>
> I'm wondering if/how I can make sure the remote management via FDL
> continues to work.  Does anyone have any information on this or
> suggestions or anything?

What you dropped from your diagram is the T1 from * to the channel
bank. FDL is a link level protocol. It is carried in the framing bits
of the T1 not within the payload bits. When you use the digium (I
presume) card within your * server as a DACS this is connecting the
payload, ie timeslot, bits from one port to another. FDL will not work
this way.