[Asterisk-Users] Re: Inter-asterisk conferencing delays - IAX2 configuration problem?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 13:26:48 MST 2005

Alex Zarubin <ZAlex at Webley.COM> wrote:

> We are having a significant (> 1 sec) delay in a multi-asterisk conference, with IAX2 legs
> connecting meetme on different boxes.
> All the other legs are PSTN (TE410P). The example configuration
> Slave box 1 meetme <--- IAX2 ---> Master box meetme <--- IAX2 ---> Slave box 2 meetme
> The delay is between Slave box 1 and Slave box 2

I don't think it is the IAX configuration. Instead, it is probably a
similar problem to the one I posted on the bug tracker at
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003599

Are you using the enter/leave sounds or the identify users 'i' flag?

Try using the 'q' flag to MeetMe to turn off all prompts (just for
testing) and see if that improves the delay. My guess is that it will.

If it does, you may want to try one of my patches, v2 or v3, depending on
which version of Asterisk you are using.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield