[Asterisk-Users] DTMF inband detection improvement

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Feb 16 09:19:49 MST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Steve Underwood wrote:

> If that is true, someone must have broken something. Not only does the
> DTMF detector I wrote not care about small imperfections, it even
> tolerates a dropped packet with the DTMF passes over a VoIP path (this
> kind of tolerance was added a couple of years ago).

Actually, the problem has gone away for us, probably after some upgrade.
We are running a cvs head version from december. The phones that used to
be problematic no longer are.

The last time we seem to have seen that problem according to the logs was
in september. After an upgrade there the problems went away.

Asterisk does handle imperfect DTMF tones correctly for us on our pure TDM
setup. We use VoIP very little and only over a lightly loaded lan and have
not noted any problems there either.

Sorry about the false alarm.

Peter