[Asterisk-Users] DTMF inband detection improvement

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 16 08:38:30 MST 2005

Steve:

   Given this and the number of recent messages related to DTMF problems
can you add any thoughts on how to improve implementations?

    I too have problems correctly handling DTMF in my environment. In the
LAN /IP world DTMF works as expected to allow an IP phone user to
access my Asterisk based menu.

    Calls from the PSTN usually work as expected but occasionally someone
reports that pressing the keypad digits has no affect. Instead the timeout
clause is eventually hit and the caller is disconnected.

    Cell phone users cannot even use their phone keypad to respond to
prompts. They always timeout.

Thanks,Steve