[Asterisk-Users] DTMF inband detection improvement

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Feb 16 08:01:18 MST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Steve Underwood wrote:

> If you really are using ulaw, and you do not have extreme packet loss or
> jitter, DTMF detection should be very reliable. It is no better in CVS
> HEAD because it wasn't broken in the first place.

We have some problems with dtmf detection on our lines. We use E1 pris
connected to a TE405P. Mostly we see duplicated digits. Unless the signal
is perfect and distortion free Asterisk sees the small imperfections as
the end of the digit.

We can provoke this problem from some of our office phones (when on
speaker phone). Asterisk is more or less the only place we see this
problem.

Peter