[Asterisk-Users] DTMF inband detection improvement

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Feb 16 07:00:32 MST 2005

Hi Florian,

If you really are using ulaw, and you do not have extreme packet loss or
jitter, DTMF detection should be very reliable. It is no better in CVS
HEAD because it wasn't broken in the first place.

What does wrong with DTMF detection? Do you realise how DTMF from a GSM
phone works? If you get digits when you press them really slowly on the
phone, but miss some when you press them fast, then welcome to the land
of GSM :-) The DTMF tones don't come from phone. The come from the
basestation. Most basestations stretch each digit to well over a second.
It really screws up any attempt at timing based entry methods. :-(

Regards,
Steve