[Asterisk-Users] Queue strategy

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Feb 15 20:11:50 MST 2005

Glenn Dalgliesh wrote:
> Just woundering if the intentend functionality of leastrecent and
> fewestcalls it to continually dial only the first chosen ext. in the queue.
> In other words if a memeber is logged into the queue but doesn't answer the
> call the call never moves on in my configuration from that ext.  This could
> be really bad!!!!

That is the case with all queue strategies except for "rrmemory". It is
assumed that if your agent is logged in, they are ready to accept calls.
If they are not able to accept calls, they should log out.

In CVS HEAD, there is a way to Pause/Unpause queue members, which is
less drastic that logout/login, but it still requires action on the
agent's part to notify the system that they are not available. Even
something as simple as putting their phone on "Do Not Disturb" may
suffice as well, since it will cause the queue app to move on to the
next agent.

In other words, a queue is really intended to deliver calls to people
who are there to receive them at all times they are logged in, not just
occasionally. If they are logged in and do not answer a call, that is a
policy problem that needs to be addressed with the agent(s), not in the
software :-)