[Asterisk-Users] Re: Integration Panasonic PBX

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Feb 15 16:17:46 MST 2005

Brian Roy wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:12:01 -0500, John Novack
><jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org> wrote:
>

>>The real problem with Panasonic and anyone's voice mail is tenant
>>sharing. Calls to VM or returning to VM don't contain the trunk number
>>information.
>>The only way to handle is to dedicate extensions and ports for each
>>company, a real waste of resources.
>>
>>John Novack
>>

>Does the Panasonic in question support SMDI? If so, maybe someone will finally get around to coding the SMDI interface to *. There was/is a rather large bounty for this. I would be interested in contributing to this if there is still an interest. My Toshiba does SMDI.
>
>-Chuji

Can't say for sure if the information required would be their either, as
the specific Panasonic wasn't specified, but for quite a few years now
systems that supported VM would include trunk identifiers in the in band
signaling information ( except Panasonic ), and AFAIK, the latest KX-TD
series do not.
Perhaps the larger systems do.
Even the very small older KX-T308 systems had some sort of serial output
of call records.

John Novack