[Asterisk-Users] MarkK: Auto Announce - Not auto answer

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Tue Feb 15 13:53:26 MST 2005

Mark Kidd wrote:
> yes this is exactly what i am looking for.
> we had it on a call center system and it worked really well
> especially when you are handling 20+ calls per hour saying the same sentence
> becomes annoying.
>
> anyone know how ?
>

>>No, I think he's looking for the opposite, which seems nifty.
>

>>Here's a better detail on what [I think] he's saying:
>

>>- An incoming call comes in for me, and rings my phone.
>

>>- I pick up my phone.
>

>>- The call is answered.
>

>>- Asterisk says "Hi, this is Steve", to the caller (and perhaps to me as
>
> well).
>

>>- Then, I can talk to the caller.
>

>>At least, that's what I understood.
>

>>-SteveK

someone else wanted this functionality a few months back, i
suggested he look at app_queue.c and insert his code after make
compatable, and before the bridge code.  in my setup it would be
easy to create agent greeting recordings (they are numbers, not
names) and then just use the agent number to grab the right
greeting to play to caller.

at that time i did a quick test, and it worked fine...

NOTE: the agent already got his beep, he knows someone will be
there shortly, but will head dead air till the playback of
greeting is done.