[Asterisk-Users] MarkK: Auto Announce - Not auto answer

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Feb 15 12:40:56 MST 2005

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> Mark Kidd wrote:
>
>> if i pick my line up and the system plays back my voice saying hi how
>> may i
>> help you automaticaly.
>

> You're looking for something along the lines of an immediate or
> hotline mode.
>
> Basically, whether or not you can do that depends on the equipment you
> are using.
>
> I believe Zaptel devices can be set in immediate mode in your
> zaptel.conf file.
>
> For IP hardphones, look through their dialplans for a hotline mode.
> For example, I am fairly certain that my SPA2000 could be configured
> this way.

No, I think he's looking for the opposite, which seems nifty.

Here's a better detail on what [I think] he's saying:

- An incoming call comes in for me, and rings my phone.

- I pick up my phone.

- The call is answered.

- Asterisk says "Hi, this is Steve", to the caller (and perhaps to me as
well).

- Then, I can talk to the caller.

At least, that's what I understood.

-SteveK