[Asterisk-Users] MarkK: Auto Announce - Not auto answer

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Feb 15 11:40:19 MST 2005

Mark Kidd wrote:
> if i pick my line up and the system plays back my voice saying hi how may i
> help you automaticaly.

You're looking for something along the lines of an immediate or hotline
mode.

Basically, whether or not you can do that depends on the equipment you
are using.

I believe Zaptel devices can be set in immediate mode in your
zaptel.conf file.

For IP hardphones, look through their dialplans for a hotline mode. For
example, I am fairly certain that my SPA2000 could be configured this way.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/