[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 bugs...

Mohit Muthanna mohit.muthanna at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:18:18 MST 2005

Has anyone had stability issues with IAX2. (Asterisk 1.0.5).

reddwarf*CLI> iax2 show firmware
Device           Version         Size
iaxy             22              39344

I'm asking because in the last three weeks I've noticed the following
two issues (on separate occasions):

1) Placed a phone call. Asterisk logs show the phone being answered
and various files being Played back. But can't hear anything over the
phone.

2) Placed a phone call. Pause. Busy tone. Asterisk never gets the
call. "iax2 show registry" shows the connection (with the service
provider) as "Registered".

Both times, restarting Asterisk has solved the problem. Of course, I'm
not happy with this solution as I'm trying to provide a 24hr service
here.

Could this be a service provider problem?

Mohit.

--
Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those