[Asterisk-Users] make of asterisk doesn't do anything...

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Feb 15 06:16:16 MST 2005

Michael,

Someone may know a simple fix. If not, can you please install the
'strace' program, then run:

strace -f -o /tmp/strace.out make

This will run make, and log any system calls it makes to
/tmp/strace.out. When it hangs, take a look in that file. It may have
stopped on one system call, such as select() or poll(), or it may be
scrolling endlessly, repeating the same system calls over and over
again. If grep is using a lot of processor time, it's probably the
latter. Either way, please paste the last 20 or lines into an email, and
post it to this mailing list.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
Telephony, Database, Unix consulting worldwide
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/