[Asterisk-Users] why does the Polycom IP600 check FTP every 60 seconds...

Tue Feb 15 01:56:10 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 09:38 +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am mostly happy with my Polycom IP600 but it apparently needs to check
> the FTP server every minute. I couldn't find any obvious setting related
> to that behavior in the configuration files.
>
> Any idea how to curb the IP600's spurious network activity?

It could quite possibly be related to the log files the polycom uploads
to the FTP server. I found this quite a pain, so disabled all the
logging in the config files.

If that isn't it, then you will need to find out *what* activity the
polycom is doing, hint tcpdump -tn -A -s 16384 port 21 might help or
else see your ftp server log files.

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev