[Asterisk-Users] Debian way of compiling zaptel kernel modules

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Feb 15 00:06:02 MST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:28:47AM +0900, Hermann Wecke wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >BTW: did I mention that we have binary packages for standard Debian
> >Sarge kernels in our apt source?
>
> zaptel is the only package that never worked for me from apt-get. I need
> to download, compile and install the kernel (specially because the
> original debian install is pre 2.4.20), then download all the CVS (or
> whatever) files for asterisk and zaptel, compile-but-not-install the
> asterisk and then compile the zaptel.

The debian packages in woody are really old. I currently do all my work
on Sarge. The asterisk packages appear to be in backports, though.

> Not terrible, but not quite easy for a beginner. Or did I miss something?

I can give simple "Debian-way" instruction, but I'm not sure if they
would apply on Sarge. Generally you need to use zaptel-source with
make-kpkg from the package kernel-package . It has a target 'modules'
which should give you what you need.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's