[Asterisk-Users] Q: Does anyone have a WE multi-line card dialer phone working with *?

Jerry jjones at quiddesign.com
Sun Feb 13 21:56:26 MST 2005

You have what is a traditional 1A2 type telephone set. If you wish to
use the hold key and and lights you will need to connect a 1A2 KSU
between it and *.

Each line button has the following
pr 1 = T/R
pr 2 = A lead - this is a closure when the line is offhook
pr 3 = Lamp
Repeat x 4

Actually the Hold button is probably similarly wired.

Hold is accomplished by opening the A lead before the TR loop. This is
held in the KSU not the telephone.

KSU also supplies your signal battery and lamp battery.

Your ringer should be connected to the yellow slate pair of wires.

Many other wiring options and configurations but this is the basic.

Good Luck