[Asterisk-Users] Who makes these phones?

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sun Feb 13 20:03:08 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 13:52, Craig wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:53:36 +1100
> From: "PHP Mechanic" <oliver.bode at phpmechanic.com>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Who makes these phones?
> 	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> http://www.broadbandphone.com.au/global/pnp.htm
>

> they are called a "Kitty Ethernet Phone", seem to be available in 3 or 4
> models but with identical Guts.
>
> The only info I have found on them is Gateway Technologies,  supposedly
> the Chinese manufacturer website... http://www.ipgw.net/EN/index.htm
>
> I bought one off a guy who is flogging them in Au for about $90 each.

That's cheaper than from IP Trading in Sydney.

> Nice looking, cheap ip phone. But information & manual are next to
> useless.

Try aredfox.com

> The only technical info I have been able to find is the 8 page manual
> that comes with it (copy on website) which tells you nothing.
>
> I haven't yet tried it live, still working out how to set it up. Seems
> to have features like talking speed dial etc,

...haven't found that yet - how did you find out about it.

>  but haven't yet worked out
> how to drive the functions and manual is less than helpful.
>
> Would appreciate if anybody has already managed to get one of these
> working and would like to share the setup and how to use the functions
> on them.

Contact me OL howard at lannet dot com dot au

> Regards, Craig

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."