[Asterisk-Users] 7912G: Takes the same firmware as 7940/60?

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Sun Feb 13 19:46:59 MST 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 08:35:33PM +0100, Michiel van Baak arranged a set of bits into the following:
> On 20:08, Sun 13 Feb 05, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> > Michiel van Baak schrieb:
> >  > Thnx.
> > >No luck for me I guess.
> > >chan_sccp it will be.
> >
> > Not for the 79[05|12]... At least my 7905 does not like chan_sccp too
> > much and they crashed my * (1.0.5)... unless you bounty the chan_sccp
> > developers for 79[05|12] support OR ask your local Cisco dealer for a
Which while nice wouldn't necesserily help. For myself at least I can't
afford one of each of the phones, and what I have comes from judicious
eBaying. Loan of phones is much more usefull then anything else.

> That's about it. And from what I read the SIP image can
> really use the rest of the phone like speed dial, call
> forward etc.
Speed dials should work, just configure them in sccp.conf, and most of
the rest is under (slow) development. I actually have implementations of
some of the features ready, they just need testing with soem more
phones.

Thanks,
Julien
chan_sccp developer