[Asterisk-Users] 7912G: Takes the same firmware as 7940/60?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Feb 13 12:35:33 MST 2005

On 20:08, Sun 13 Feb 05, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> Michiel van Baak schrieb:
>  > Thnx.
> >No luck for me I guess.
> >chan_sccp it will be.
>
> Not for the 79[05|12]... At least my 7905 does not like chan_sccp too
> much and they crashed my * (1.0.5)... unless you bounty the chan_sccp
> developers for 79[05|12] support OR ask your local Cisco dealer for a
> 79[05|12] SIP-license (which comes on CD). If you are (as your name
> suggests) from .nl, I would recommend www.zendus.de. They turned out to
> have really good prices...

Thnx,

My 7905g is working ok with chan_sccp.
But only basic features work.
What does work:
Voicemail led.
Directories for missed/received/placed calls
getting/placing calls
transfering using the # key

That's about it. And from what I read the SIP image can
really use the rest of the phone like speed dial, call
forward etc.

who knows my tax refunds allow me to buy the sip image ;)
(if there's money left after the new laptop and new fileserver case)
The prices @ zendus are WAY better than anything I seen
here in .nl (the phone alone was 250 euro or something here in nl)
--
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."