[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold Native Mode, Please Clarify

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Sun Feb 13 10:00:10 MST 2005

Hi Guys,

I've attempted to get this moh-native thing to work with no success.  I've
reviewed wiki, mantis and e-mail postings and I'm confused.

The latest I've read is native moh should be in asterisk-addons in
format_mp3, but what version will it work with?  I've tried asterisk 1.0.1,
1.0.5, addons 1.0.1, 1.0.4 and also -r stable CVS.  I followed the wiki
example with no luck, all I get is "unable to start music on hold" at the
console.

Musiconhold.conf:

[classes]

[moh_files]

default => /var/lib/asterisk/moh-native

I have an mp3 that came with asterisk in this file: fpm-calm-river.mp3

extensions.conf:

[moh]

exten => 5551,1,Answer

exten => 5551,2,WaitMusicOnHold(60)

modules.conf:

[modules]

autoload=yes

;

; If you want, load the GTK console right away.

; Don't load the KDE console since

; it's not as sophisticated right now.

;

noload => pbx_gtkconsole.so

;load => pbx_gtkconsole.so

noload => pbx_kdeconsole.so

;

; Intercom application is obsoleted by

; chan_oss.  Don't load it.

;

noload => app_intercom.so

;

; Explicitly load the chan_modem.so early on to be sure

; it loads before any of the chan_modem_* 's afte rit

;

noload => chan_modem.so

noload => chan_modem_bestdata.so

noload => chan_modem_i4l.so

noload => chan_modem_aopen.so

load => format_mp3.so

load => res_musiconhold.so

Console:

Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:

 [format_mp3.so] => (MP3 format [Any rate but 8000hz mono optimal])

  == Registered file format mp3, extension(s) mp3

 [res_musiconhold.so] => (Music On Hold Resource)

  == Registered application 'MusicOnHold'

  == Registered application 'WaitMusicOnHold'

  == Registered application 'SetMusicOnHold'

*CLI> dial 5551

    -- Executing Answer("OSS/dsp", "") in new stack

 << Console call has been answered >>

    -- Executing WaitMusicOnHold("OSS/dsp", "60") in new stack

Feb 13 04:47:53 WARNING[11685]: res_musiconhold.c:370 moh1_exec: Unable to
start music on hold for 60 seconds on channel OSS/dsp

 << Hangup on console >>

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

JR