[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@home .05 release questions on setup.

Roderick A. Anderson raa at mailporter.net
Sun Feb 13 09:20:26 MST 2005

Roger Hanson wrote:

> I've downloaded 2x and burned 2 cds and get an error "invalid
> compressed format (err=2) system halted" message both times.
>
> It'd be nice to have a MD5 to verify my download is OK.  It'd narrow
> down the problem to either the download or the burn, wouldn't it?

Here is an _un-official_ md5sum from my burnable and installable image.

    9d5657b7c833830b8a1fd1f024215d46  asteriskathome-0.5.iso

I got it to install yesterday but ran into a couple of errors after the
final reboot ( asterisk did compiled , etc. ) that I have to sort out
today.  One was I only had 128 MBytes of RAM and got an error that some
program wouldn't run with less than 256.  I'm doing this between LUG
meetings and week-end jobs so if there is an error and I don't have time
to work on it then I come back to it later.  Bought more RAM yesterday.
   The other error was about FXS and FXO not being configured correctly
and I suspect it was because I didn't have a phone line plugged in to
the TDM400P.  This for today also.

What did you use to download the iso?  If you're stuck with a Windows
system and using MS's FTP program remember it defaults to ASCII mode.  (
Sorry if this is a lame suggestion. :-)

Rod
--

---